No, I'm talking about your waist size, I'm talking about a questionnaire I recently took.
Suzanne Falter-Barns (no relation; she's missing an "e" anyways), the Get Known Now coach, teaches people how to gain publicity in a big way.
She recently sent out a fun questionnaire to all the people on her emailing list (of which I'm a subscriber) to help us judge how big our platform is. Some of the questions focused on:
- Who's your target market?
- Who's your competition?
- If you have a website and blog?
- If your ezine has 3500 subscribers?
- Whether you have a published book?
- How many media appearances do you have a month?
- And onward and so on.
- I have a podcast that I post to at least twice per month.
- I have more comments than posts on my blog.
- I comment on other people’s blogs at least seven times per week.
Well, I took Suzanne's advice to heart. I just spent 5.5-hours on about a dozen or so blogs, posting my comments, emailing the blogger / podcaster, updating this blog and my own, all in an effort to increase my platform.
I'm exhausted. In hindsight, I shouldn't have tried to comment on other people's blog seven times in one day. I must've misread that part of Suzanne's questionnaire.
Yup, I did.
But my question to you is - Are you building your platform by commenting on other people's blogs and podcasts?